Thursday, August 27, 2015

Always Be...

We know who coffee is for. The bigger question is, Is coffee the end or the means? Or both?

Before I have my first morning cup, it certainly is seen as a means. The end? Well, that amounts to something like the avoidance of absolute carnage. However, somewhere between the consumption of two-thirds and three-quarters of that first cup I start to think things like, This is all I need. What else is there? And then, of course, coffee seems like the end.

It's funny that many of the same people who say the journey is more important than the destination will often say that the result is more important than the method used to achieve it.

Or as Gretzky (maybe it was Gretzky) put it, They don't ask 'how?'; they ask 'how many?'.

Some might make mention of the idea of putting one's soul at hazard or selling one's soul when discussing such things, but knowing that personalities can change dramatically and core values can be changed completely, if someone were to say to me, Pity, you having sold your soul like that, I would simply say, That's alright; I've got a new one these days.

Here's an entertaining read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...