Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A Life Less Meaningful

"You don't believe in God, you don't believe we were created to live here on this beautifully designed world... In fact, you believe that humanity has no divine purpose and could disappear in a very short time, and the universe would be hardly changed at all... So, tell me, what motivates you to get out of bed in the morning? I mean, what are you living for?"

"I get out of bed in the morning, because the brewing coffee down the hall in the kitchen smells rather good, and I should quite like to have a cup or two with a bagel and cream cheese. I enjoy having my first meal by the window of my breakfast nook and looking out on the front lawn, seeing the squirrels run about while hummingbirds drink from the feeder hanging on a branch of the tree in the middle of the grass."

"You're not being facetious, are you?"

"I live for long hikes in the forest and slow walks on the beach, Scotch whisky by the fire on cold winter nights, the pleasure of lying with a beautiful woman, the thrill of discovering something new..."

"Yes, yes, I see where you're going. But, is that enough?"

"Enough for me, yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...